Enjoy CEREC Technology “Crown In Only One Visit”
Taking control of our own oral care often means spending a lot of time doing it! Fortunately, new technologies are appearing on the market, decreasing the time we have to spend on the dentist’s chair. Among the services offered at Dentistes REMA, we have the CEREC technology.
What is CEREC technology?
CEREC is an acronym for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic, a ceramic dental reconstruction method assisted by a computer-aided robot. The CEREC inlay or crown is custom made in only one appointment.
The Treatment Steps
First, the dentist starts by trimming the affected tooth. We then take an optical impression of the dentition using CEREC 3D. This impression is then used to produce the inlay or crown, which is then affixed to the tooth to be repaired.
Benefits of CEREC technology
- The production of dental reconstruction is done in one appointment;
- Anaesthesia is performed only once during the entire duration of the treatment;
- The treatment’s duration is decreased due to the fact that it is not a temporary technology. Indeed, the lifespan of this treatment is 15 years on average, making it the most sustainable technology for dental crown placement.
- The incrustation inlay fits easily and the dentist can easily control its shape. It is also impermeable and gives back the tooth about 90% of its original strength.
- Unlike white fillings, CEREC keeps its shape. It does not contract when in contact with cold temperatures and does not expand in contact with warm temperatures.
- The use of ceramic gives a more natural look to your tooth since this material is most similar to tooth enamel in terms of hardness and aesthetics.
To learn more about this state-of-the-art technology and to find out if it is suitable for you, do not hesitate to schedule an appointment (450) 529‑2244!